Reach Grow Exceed Engineering – Culture
The staff at Reach Grow Exceed Engineering enjoys a company culture that emphasizes professionalism while participating in a variety of company sponsored events and outings. Bi-weekly conference calls are held to ensure staff working remotely maintains a connection to the firm. Company outings are held regularly to promote team building. Company outings range from Whirly ball and bowling to golf or a rooftop for a Cubs game. Staff is also encouraged to attend events such as professional society dinners, political fundraisers and luncheons with clients.
Professional Society Memberships
Reach Grow Exceed Engineering and President Rick Rivera have been recognized as leaders in the engineering and civic communities having received the following awards:
- American Council of Engineering Companies Honor Award – 2015, 2018, 2019
- American Council of Engineering Companies 2019 Merit Award
- Who’s Who in Chicago Hispanic Business – 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Omega Delta Fraternity 2017 Alumni of the Year
- Hispanic American Construction Industry Association – 2012 Professional Service Firm of the Year
- Minority Business Development Association – 2010 Midwest Regional Contractor of the Year
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers UIUC Chapter – 2011 Alumni of the Year
- Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce – 2010 Business of the Year
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers IIT Chapter – 2010 Most Supportive Company
- Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce – Nominated for 2010 Entrepreneur of the Year
- Society of American Military Engineers 2009 Small Business Olympics – Gold Medal Winner
Giving Back to the Community
Reach Grow Exceed Engineering representatives take pride in giving back to the community and visit numerous grammar and high schools to present on the importance of attending college and the benefits of a career in engineering.
Reach Grow Exceed Engineering presented at the SHPE Region Six Conference “Keys to Success – Starting an Engineering Firm” and were panelist for the University of Illinois Latino/a Alumni Association event “Success Stories in Business”.
Reach Grow Exceed Engineering provides annual scholarships to the University of Illinois Morrill Engineering Program (MEP) for students of color pursuing degrees in engineering. In addition, Reach Grow Exceed Engineering has provided summer internships for those same students. This year Reach Grow Exceed Engineering hosted two interns from Prospectives Charter High School – The interns worked in the Reach Grow Exceed Engineering office for 6 weeks and gained exposure to several different engineering projects.